October 7th-15th 2024
Explore hidden gems rich in heritage and natural beauty while learning from local crafts people.
What’s Included in this Tour:
* Transfers on arrival and departure by private coach (for arrivals prior to 11am on tour start date and departures on tour end date).
* Sightseeing as per itinerary in a luxury coach with an experienced driver and accredited guide, entrance fees included if applicable.
* Accommodation in double rooms with private facilities for 9 nights. Single supplement if required.
* Irish breakfast daily.
* 7 hotel dinners.
* 3 lunches.
* Afternoon Tea at Crafts of Ireland.
* Entrance to the following attractions: The Little Museum of Dublin, Trinity College & Book of Kells Exhibition, Belleek Pottery, & The Cliffs of Moher.
* Return Ferry to Inis Mór, Aran Islands.
* The Shed Distillery Guided Tour.
* Inis Mór Guided Tour.
* Studio Donegal/Donegal Yarns Visit.
* Galway Wool C0-op & Farm Visit with Blatnaid Gallagher.
* Heart of Burren Walking Tour with Tony Kirby.
Workshops & Knitting Activities Included:
* Moebius knitting workshop with Lisa Sisk of This is Knit, Dublin.
* Crafts of Ireland Experience with Sandra Coote at her farm where she raising the rare Roscommon sheep, grows and processes flax into linen and many other traditional crafts. Cavan
* Carrickmacross lace demonstration & museum (they have lace making kits!!!), Monaghan.
* Edel MacBride, renowned knitwear designer of Donegal & Derry, knitting workshop, Donegal.
* Exclusive well known Carol Feller of Stolen Stitches knitting workshop, Galway.
* Traditional Aran knitting workshop with Aran Island native, Úna McDonagh, Inis Mór.
* Natural Dye Hybrid workshop with your Host, Rachel Bingham Kessler of 44Clovers, The Burren.
* Wool, patterns, and other fibers (you need to bring your own needles, sizes will be advised).
*Dublin for 1 night (Camden Court Hotel or similar)
* Cavan for 1 night (Cabra Castle Hotel)
* Donegal for 2 nights (Mill Park Hotel or similar)
* Galway for 1 night (Park House Hotel or similar)
* Inis Mór for 2 nights (Aran Islands Hotel)
* Clare for 2 nights (Armada Hotel)
*Itinerary Important Note: Attractions, Workshops and Demonstrations may change according to availability and scheduling
Day 1: Monday October 7th Tour Introduction, Little Museum of Dublin, Trinity College
* Tour Introduction – Meet your tour guide in the hotel lobby where you will be introduced to the 9 Day tour ahead!
* The Little Museum of Dublin – Set in a Georgian townhouse, this award-winning quirky museum along with its informative and funny tour guides, will take you on a journey of Irish history and nostalgia over the last century.
*Trinity College & Book of Kells Exhibit – Visit this world renowned third level institution which houses the famous Book of Kells manuscript which was intricately penned by monks in the 9th century.
* Welcome Dinner – Enjoy as a group at your hotel this evening.
Day 2: Tuesday October 8th Lisa Sisk and Sandra Coote at Crafts of Ireland
*Knitting workshop with Lisa Sisk – Enjoy an exclusive knitting workshop with Lisa from This is Knit.
*Crafts of Ireland Visit – Visit Sandra at Crafts Ireland for a tailored experience including a scrumptious afternoon tea along with gleaning an insight into flax growing, crochet, wool dyeing and seeing the local heard of Roscommon sheep.
*Overnight at Cabra Castle, Cavan
Day 3: Wednesday October 9th Carrickmacross Lace and the Shed Distillery
*Carrickmacross Lace – Enjoy a demonstration this morning at Carrickmacross Lace, famed for being used on the late Princess Diana’s wedding dress.
*Shed Distillery – Home to the award-winning Drumshambo Gunpowder Gin, this distillery is set in deepest rural Ireland. Take a tour of the working distillery and new visitor experience before tasting some of the products yourself!
Day 4: Thursday October 10th Edel MacBride and Studio Donegal
*Edel MacBride Workshop – Take part in an intensive workshop with one of Ireland’s finest knitwear designers, Edel MacBride, who will conduct a core workshop on Aran knitting this morning.
*Following this, enjoy lunch at our hotel (included).
*Studio Donegal – Visit this manufacturing business which is deep rooted in the wild and rugged county of Donegal. Here, learn about the preservation and promotion of traditional Irish hand-weaving while seeing the process from beginning to end, i.e. spinning, warping and weaving of the wool.
*Free Evening – Upon return to our hotel (approx. 5:30PM/6:00PM), the remainder of your evening is free to explore the town of Donegal and seek out some eateries for dinner.
*Overnight at the Mill Park Hotel, Donegal
Day5: Friday October 11th Belleek Pottery and Blatnaid Gallagher’s ‘Wool Safari’
*Belleek Pottery – A world famous producer of Parian china goods, Belleek Pottery has been
promoting craftsmanship for over 160 years.
*Galway Wool with Blatnaid Gallagher – This afternoon, visit Blatnaid’s farm and enjoy a ‘wool safari’. Here, learn about the preservation work of the Galway Wool cooperative along with meeting the
Galway breed itself!
*Free Evening – On arrival at your Galway hotel, check in and the remainder of the evening is free to explore the vibrant and compact city of Galway, home to an abundance of cafes, gastro pubs and
restaurants. Be sure to enjoy one of the local haunts to listen to a traditional Irish music session!
*Overight at The Park House Hotel, Galway
Day 6: Saturday October 11th Carol Feller Workshop and the Aran Islands!
*Workshop with Carol Feller – After breakfast, take part in a knitting workshop with well-known Irish knitter Carol Feller at your hotel.
*Aran Islands – Later this afternoon, it’s onwards to the village of Rossaveal to board the ferry to Inis Mor, the largest island of Aran Isles. On arrival, we’ll meet with our local guide Una who will introduce us to island life before dinner along with a traditional Irish dancing lesson!
*Overnight at the Aran Islands Hotel
Day 7: Sunday October 12th Aran Islands
*Aran Knitting Workshop – Enjoy a workshop with Una MacDonagh where you will be instructed on traditional methods and stitches associated with the Aran Island way.
*Island Tour including Dun Aonghasa – Enjoy sightseeing the island this afternoon which will take in sites such as the majestic stone fort of Dun Aengus, the Worm Hole, the seal colony and the site of the seven churches, or Na Seacht dTeampaill, as it known as Gaeilge! You will also have the opportunity to visit some of the local knitwear shops on the island in the afternoon.
Overnight Aran Islands Hotel, Inis Mór, Dinner Bed & Breakfast Basis Day 8: Back to the Mainland, Cliffs of Moher and Burren Walk.
*Cliffs of Moher – Visit the well-renowned cliffs which rise to over 700ft above the churning Atlantic swells. Whilst here, visit the Atlantic Edge exhibition centre along with strolling out along the cliff network.
*Heart of Burren Walking Tour – Enjoy a walking tour with Tony who will showcase an area of
outstanding botanical beauty featuring Arctic, Alpine, Mediterranean and Maritime plants. The
location also features spectacular views of Galway Bay, the Aran Islands and Connemara along with prehistoric monuments.
*Overnight at the Armada Hotel, Clare
Day 9: Monday October 13th Natural Dyeing Hybrid Workshop with Rachel Bingham Kessler
*Workshop with Rachel – After breakfast, take part in a full day workshop with your group leader, Rachel Bingham Kessler, who specializes in the yarn journey from soil to skein along with having a strong interest in foraging for color.
*Farewell Group Dinner
*Overnight at the Armada Hotel Clare
Day 10: Tuesday October 14th End of Tour
After breakfast, depart your hotel for Shannon Airport in time for check-in and last minute duty-free shopping.
€3,871/ per person double room occupancy
€907/ per person if single room is required
20% deposit required to hold your spot and book your place. Installment payments thereafter can be arranged.
*deadline to sign up is March 1st 2024
*travel insurance is encouraged.